MS Word Version

HEADLEY  PARISH  COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Meeting of FULL COUNCIL held on Monday 9th January 2006 at 8.00pm in the Village Hall, Arford Road, Headley.

 

* Cllr J Grevatt, Chairman                                * Cllr R Hall                            

a Cllr G Hopwood, Vice-Chairman                  * Cllr A Luff

a Cllr C Burns                                                  * Cllr R Stubbings

a Cllr D Chamberlain                                        * Cllr J Truelove

* Cllr R Clifford                                                * Cllr D Tregay 

* Cllr J Hadfield                                               * Cllr A Williams

                                   

* Mrs K Shipton (Parish Clerk)

* denotes present     a denotes apologies received.

 

C135/05   APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Apologies received from Cllrs Hopwood, Burns and Chamberlain.

 

C136/05   DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

No Members declared any personal or prejudicial interest in any item on the agenda.

 

C137/05   COUNCIL MINUTES

The Minutes of the following meeting, having been circulated prior to the meeting, were confirmed and signed.

Full Council held on 12th December 2005

 

C138/05   COMMITTEE MINUTES

 The Council ratified the Minutes of the following committee:

Planning held on 5th December 2005

 

C139/05   CHAIRMAN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Chairman announced: that the East Hants Annual Monitoring Report 2004-2005 was available on the table. Inspector Laurie Rickwood, Hampshire Constabulary has taken over from Insp. Gerry Thorne. The Chairman will make a presentation on “Headley Parish Plan” at the North East Area Community Committee on Tuesday 17 January. A discussion paper from the ODPM “Standards of Conduct in English Local Government: The Future” Consultation period to 30 January. Cllr Grevatt with reference to Cllr Williams agreed to peruse the document.

 

C140/05   COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES

a.         There were no urgent reports from Council Representatives.

 

b.         Members only received Cllr Chamberlains CAB Confidential Report. Members expressed concern over the Job Centre in Bordon which provides limited access for users; and concerns that no debt counselling service is currently available in Bordon. It was agreed to defer full discussion to the next meeting when Cllr Chamberlain will be present. Thanks were expressed to Cllr Chamberlain for an informative report.

 

 

 

 

C141/05   FINANCIAL REPORT

a.      Resolved that the Financial Summary for the period 1st April 2005 to 31st December 2005 be agreed and signed. A list of cheques drawn during that period was agreed and signed, and was available at the meeting for members’ perusal.

 

b.      Members received the Budget Comparison for the period 1st April 2005 to 31st December 2005.

 

c.       Members considered including £2,000 in the Budget 2006/07 for partnership funding with the Hampshire Police Crime Prevention for the provision of CCTV at the Pavilion, Mill Lane subject to a successful grant application being made.

Resolved to include £2,000 in the 2006/07 Budget to be set aside for Partnership funding of CCTV with the project being developed by Full Council.

 

d.       Members discussed the office photocopier which is approximately 7 years old and has been causing some problems. It was agreed to further discuss the matter once   quotations are received for the purchase or lease of a new copier.

Resolved to include £1,500 in the 2006/07 Budget to be set aside towards a new copier machine.

 

C142/05   PRECEPT 2006 / 2007

The Council considered the Precept requirement for the financial year 2006/07.

Resolved that the Precept for 2006/07 be £77,000   Calculation attached.

 

C143/05   PARISH PLAN

The Chairman reiterated that he would be making a presentation to the EHDC Committee on 17th January 2006. He advised that he would be taking photographs for illustration purposes in the Plan with the new digital camera, which is available for any Parish matter.

 

C144/05   EAST HANTS DISTRICT COUNCIL

Members noted that the Chairman of East Hampshire District Council, Cllr Yvonne Parker-Smith will be attending the Council Meeting on Monday 13th March 2006. She would like five minutes to be allocated as the first agenda item for her introduction and a brief synopsis of her role as Chairman.

 

C145/05   HAMPSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL MATTERS

No items.

 

C146/05   HAMPSHIRE ASSOCIATION OF TOWN & PARISH COUNCILS

No items.

 

C147/05   ANNUAL PARISH MEETING 2006

Police Community Special Constable PSCO Jim Leggat and Mrs Christine Melsom, IsItFair campaign, have both agreed to be Speakers for the above Meeting to be held on Monday 24th April 2006.

 

C148/05   WINTER NEWSLETTER

Members received and approved the draft copy from Cllr Chamberlain. Cllr Hall agreed to insert the newsletters into the Parish Magazine on 26th January. Thanks were given to Cllr Chamberlain for an excellent newsletter.

 

C149/05   HEADLEY REPORT 2005

Cllr Tregay gave an update on the progress the Report 2005/06.

 

C150/05   ANNUAL CALENDAR OF MEETINGS 2006/2007

Members received the 2006/07 dates.

 

C151/05   HAMPSHIRE POLICE AUTHORITY

Members considered and noted the implications of Hampshire Police amalgamating with neighbouring forces.

       

C152/05   PARISH LAND

Cllr Luff requested that it be recorded that he had found no evidence to date that the track was being used for vehicular access across Standford Land. He reported that he would continue to monitor the situation.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.00pm.

 

 

 

Cllr Hadfield announced a Twinning Association Burns Evening on Saturday 28th January 8pm in the Village Hall.

 

Cllr Williams said that a letter with a map concerning the South Downs National Park was on the table in the Parish Office.

 

 

 

 

 

Signed……………………………………………………………………..date…………………