MS Word Version

 

 

HEADLEY  PARISH  COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Meeting of FULL COUNCIL held on Monday 8th August 2005 at 8.00pm in the Village Hall, Arford Road, Headley.

 

* Cllr J Grevatt, Chairman                                * Cllr J Hadfield

* Cllr G Hopwood, Vice-Chairman                  * Cllr A Luff

* Cllr C Burns                                                  * Cllr R Stubbings

* Cllr D Chamberlain                                        * Cllr J Truelove

* Cllr R Clifford                                                * Cllr D Tregay 

   Vacancy                                                        * Cllr A Williams

                                   

* Mrs K Shipton (Parish Clerk)

* denotes present     a denotes apologies received.

Also present County Cllr S James, District Cllr G Whittle and a representative from the Bordon Herald.

 

Councillors attended at 7pm to informally meet two applicants for the Parish Councillor vacancy.

 

Prior to the Meeting the Chairman introduced Mr Tony Corbin, Bordon & Whitehill Town Action Plan, who gave a presentation on the “Health Check” and outlined the seven action plans. He asked that the Council read the briefing and appraisal documents, ask questions and if satisfied formally approve the Aims and Objectives and support the Plan. He invited questions from Members and said that he will keep them informed of progress; alternatively this can be found on the web link via GU35. The Chairman thanked Mr Corbin for his interesting and informative presentation

 

C54/05   APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

  No apologies were received.

 

C55/05   DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

  No Members declared any personal or prejudicial interest in any item on the agenda.

 

C56/05   COUNCIL MINUTES

  The Minutes of the following meeting, having been circulated prior to the meeting, were confirmed and signed.

Full Council held on 11th July 2005

 

C57/05   COMMITTEE MINUTES

  The Council ratified the Minutes of the following committee:

Planning held on 6th June and 1st August 2005

 

C58/05   CHAIRMAN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Chairman announced: that the following documents are available in the office - EHDC – Annual Performance Report 2005; Hampshire Police Authority Annual Report 2004/2005 – Annual Policing Plan 2005/20006 & Best Value Performance Plan 2005/2006 (available on the Web); Waverley Borough Council – consultation document on “Local Development Framework” comments by 6th September for adjoining parishes. Invitation to Bordon Interagency Forum on 24th August. Jo Smith has kindly donated a copy of his latest book “Walks around Headley”.  “Walking for Health” further details will be presented to Amenities. Volunteers from Headley for Walk Leaders are attending a course, and then with the assistance of EHDC a service will be offered in Headley.

 

 

C59/05   COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES

Reports from Council Representatives of an urgent nature.

·        Mr Eamey offered to become the Parish Council Police Liaison representative.   It was Resolved to accept Mr Eamey as Police Liaison for the Parish.

 

·        Cllr Tregay agreed to attend the East Hants Association of Parish & Town Councils meeting on 14th September as the Council representative.

 

·        Members considered a replacement Councillor Representative for the River Wey Trust as requested by Maj.Gen. M Sinnatt, current parish representative.

Cllr Hadfield to consider becoming a Trustee and to inform the Council at the next Meeting of his decision. Further agreed to investigate the possibility of liability insurance for Councillors as Trustees.

 

C60/05   FINANCIAL REPORT

a.      Resolved that the Financial Summary for the period 1st April 2005 to 31st July 2005 be agreed and signed. A list of cheques drawn during that period was agreed and signed, and was available at the meeting for members’ perusal.

 

b.      Members received the Budget Comparison for the period 1st April 2005 to 31st July 2005.

 

C61//05   SPORTS SUB-COMMITTEE

a.       Members noted that the Sports Clubs have not reached a decision relating to the new user. Cllr Grevatt to attend their next meeting and will report back to the Council their decision.

 

b.      Members considered the amendments to the Sports Association Constitution whereby Parish Councillors will not be Trustees and will not have a vote.

Resolved to accept the amendments in principle and inform the Sports Association by letter.

 

c.       Members noted that a planning application has been submitted to East Hants DC relating to the Tennis club proposed practice wall.

 

d.      The Clerk to ascertain that the Sports Association have their insurance in place.

        

C62/05   PARISH PLAN

a.         The Chairman asked that Councillors return the draft Plan with comments annotated by 22nd August. The map which was missing from the draft Plan to be circulated to each Councillor. He said that East Hants DC had sent comments which will be taken into account. The Steering Committee would need to take into account all comments prior to presenting the text to EHDC. A Public Presentation is anticipated in the near future.

 

b.         Following the presentation from Tony Corbin prior the Meeting it was agreed that Cllrs Chamberlain, Clifford and Stubbings read the documents and present their views to the next Council Meeting for consideration of support.

 

 

 

C63/05   PARISH NEWSLETTER - Autumn

Cllr Hopwood has prepared an information insert with travel operators telephone numbers to be included in the newsletter. Cllr Chamberlain requested planning details regarding fences for inclusion in the newsletter. She said a draft will be ready for the next Council Meeting.  Cllr Grevatt urged Members to commit to future dates for inserting the newsletter with the Parish Magazine.

 

C64/05   POLICE ATTENDENCE

Following a discussion it was agreed to notify PCSO Jim Leggat that Members wished to discuss the motorcycle problems, policy on drugs, vandalism, police presence within the community and how the public can contact the PCSO,  at the next Council meeting when he will be in attendance.

It was agreed to invite Mr T Eamey to the presentation.          

 

C65/05   EAST HANTS DISTRICT COUNCIL

Larger Local Council Forum next meeting to be held on Wednesday 5th October 2005 at 6pm. Members discussed the agenda and it agreed to ascertain more information concerning the items to enable the representatives to give this Councils views on matters. It was Resolved that Cllrs Chamberlain and Clifford attend the meeting.

 

C66/05   HAMPSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL MATTERS

There were no Highway Orders to note.

 

C67/05   HAMPSHIRE ASSOCIATION OF TOWN & PARISH COUNCILS

a.         Members noted that Cllr Grevatt will attend the 58th Annual General Meeting to be held on Saturday 8th October 2005. The Council to discuss the Resolutions prior to the AGM to enable Cllr Grevatt to take the views of the Council in the case of any voting which make take place. To further discuss at the next Council Meeting in September.

 

b.         Members noted two training seminar organised by HAPTC on 15th and 20th September 2005. It was suggested that when the new Councillor has been appointed he or she should be encouraged to attend one of these seminars.

 

C68/05   PARISH LAND

a.       Cllr Luff requested that it be recorded that he had found no evidence to date that the track was being used for vehicular access across Standford Land. He reported that he would continue to monitor the situation.

 

b.       Following a meeting between Cllr Clifford and Mr Wingfield, Tree Surgeon it was proposed that 3 trees be removed as a matter of urgency.

It was Resolved to remove 3 trees on Arford Common at a cost of £295.00.

 

County Councillor Sam James informed Members of the following:

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.20pm.

 

Signed…………………………………………………….Dated………………