HEADLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting of FULL COUNCIL held on
* denotes present a denotes apologies received.
Also present Maj.Gen Sinnatt and a representative from the Bordon Herald.
C106/04 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received from Cllr Stubbings.
C107/04 DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
Cllr Truelove declared an interest in all matters relating to the Village Hall and took no part in the decision-making. No other Members declared any personal or prejudicial interest in any item on the agenda.
C108/04 COUNCIL MINUTES
The Minutes of the following meeting, having been circulated prior to the meeting, were confirmed and signed.
Full Council held on
Confidential Staff Sub-Committee held on
C109/04 COMMITTEE MINUTES
The Council ratified the Minutes of the following committees:
Planning held on
Amenities held on
C110/04 COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES
Reports from Council Representatives.
Three Parishes Fund. No report. Mrs Rix/Mrs Wilson
· Cllr Luff was unable to attend the recent meeting and asked that another Councillor be appointed as representative. Next Council agenda.
Village Hall Management Committee Cllr J Hadfield
· Cllr Truelove outlined the Committee’s forward plans. Estimates have been received for drains/guttering work @ £2,500 and the redecoration of the entrance foyer @ £6,000, work to begin in the New Year with the costs being met from their Reserves. The Oak tree in front of the hall will be felled due to disease and danger.
Headley Down Community Association Cllr D Tregay
· Cllr Tregay said that Woodlands play area was officially opened and Miranda Milward, Manager has been appointed successor to Sarah Moss.
Headley Sports Association Cllrs Clifford & Grevatt
· Following the signing of the New Agreements at last Council Meeting the Chairman of each Sports Club has also signed the same Agreement. Thanks were expressed to Cllr Clifford for persevering with the task, which now concluded the matter.
Whitehill & Bordon CAB Cllr A Luff
· Cllr Luff was unable to attend the recent meeting and asked that another Councillor be appointed as representative. Next Council agenda. He reported that the CAB had been concerned about finances and recently EHDC have assisted financially.
Public Transport Co-ordinator Cllr G Hopwood
Cllr Hopwood attended the meeting of EHDC Transport Forum where the following issues were discussed; Safe Routes to School, No.18 bus secure until July 2005 and traffic outside
-Community Committee Cllr D Tregay
· Cllr Tregay said that he attended the recent Awards evening. It was hoped that a successful bid would enable the technology equipment to be updated. The future of the committee will be discussed as to its purpose and role within the community.
River Wey Trust Maj Gen Sinnatt
· Maj Gen Sinnatt provided a written report, which is attached to the file copy of the Minutes. He said that the Trust is anxious to restore the Aqueduct and will be applying to SITA for funding.
Standford/Passfield/Hollywater Association. No report. Mrs Little
Grayshott Heathland Trust. Cllr R Clifford/Mr Vincer
· Nothing to report. It was agreed that a letter be sent to EHDC Solicitor regarding progress to date on the legal land issues.
Fullers Vale Wildlife Pond Committee. No report. Cllr R Stubbings
Maj.Gen Sinnatt left the meeting at this point .
C111/04 GRANT APPLICATIONS 2005 / 2006
The provisional grants were agreed as detailed in Minute C97/04 with an amendment to CAB from £1,500 to £2,000, for inclusion in the 2005 / 2006 budget. Total grant funding for 2005/06 £8480.
It was agreed to discuss the Grant process and criteria at the January Council Meeting.
Resolved that the Financial Summary for the period
Members received the Budget Comparison for the period
C113/04 BUDGET 2005 / 2006
The Council considered the Budget requirement for the Financial Year 2005/06. Resolved and unanimously agreed to Recommend to Council on
The Council considered any Capital/Future Projects 2005/06 requirements for Recommendation to Council Precept Meeting to be held on
The Council confirmed the total committed Grant Funding as provisionally agreed at the Council meeting held on
Resolved and unanimously agreed to Recommend to Council on
The Council confirmed the Amenities Budget Recommendations from
Resolved and unanimously agreed to Recommend to Council on
e. The Council reviewed the overall budget and provisionally agreed a Precept.
Resolved to Recommend to Council on
C114/04 INSURANCE REVIEW
Cllr Williams said that a response has been received from
The Chairman said that the next Steering Committee would be held on
C116/04 EAST HANTS DISTRICT COUNCIL
The Chairman reported that to date no update has been received concerning the Licensing Act 2003.
a. The Chairman informed the Members that Hampshire CC have written to the Deadwater Valley Trust in connection with Eveley Wood and the matter was proceeding.
b. Cllr Williams reported on Hampshire CC plans to undertake junction improvements in the interest of road safety on the A325 at Bucks Horn Oak. Following his attendance at the Public exhibition held 1st and 2nd December at the Forestry Commission Visitor Centre he said that the preferred option was an offline roundabout.
c. The Chairman explained to Members the Hampshire CC Doorstep Crime Initiative: Warning and advice Network. It was agreed that information be included in the next newsletter. He informed Members of changes to Policing arrangements in this area.
C118/04 HAMPSHIRE ASSOCIATION OF TOWN & PARISH COUNCILS
The Chairman informed Members that an application for funding has been made to the Quality Parish Investment Fund.
C119/04 WINTER NEWSLETTER
Cllr Chamberlain said that the next Newsletter would be ready for the January Council Meeting and be distributed by inserting into the Parish Magazine.
C120/04 HEADLEY REPORT 2004/05
a. Cllr Chamberlain gave an update on the progress the Report 2004/05. She said that many local groups have been forwarding their reports in readiness for inclusion in the forthcoming edition.
b. Members were reminded to enlist additional Volunteers for delivering the Report. It was agreed to make a public appeal for additional Volunteers through the next Newsletter January 2005 issue.
C121/04 ANNUAL PARISH MEETING
Members considered a Speaker for the Annual Parish Meeting. The Chairman said that CAB Bordon had written offering to make a brief presentation about the work of CAB. It was agreed to ask if CAB were available on
Cllr Luff requested that it be recorded that he had found no evidence to date that the track was being used for vehicular access across
There being no further business the meeting closed at